OnPoint by Keith Ng

Read Post

OnPoint: Rock opera, with lasers, in Wellington tonight

10 Responses

• Joshua Drummond,

Wow. Two posts in as many days? This is krazy, Keith.
    What I like is the disparity in content. On the one hand, a fairly serious commentary on media law and freedom. On the other... Mrs Peacock.
    Who are hugely funny and definately should be seen. My favourite song of theirs when they came to the mighty 'Kato was the Creed parody one. Damned if I can remember what it was called, but it was very, very good.

Since Nov 2006 • 119 posts Report Reply

• David Haywood,

If Mrs Peacock are reading this then I'd like to congratulate you on the awe-inspiring guitar solo at the beginning of 'Tony'. It requires a lot of skill to take the piss so magnificently in an instrumental.

Also, wouldn't it be cool if they accidentally gave you a death-ray instead of a laser?

Dunsandel • Since Nov 2006 • 1156 posts Report Reply

• Keith Ng,

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 543 posts Report Reply

• David Haywood,

Oh, a truly excellent song!

Of course, teenagers all over will be going: "How does Mrs Peacock like, you know, just know how it feels to be me."

Dunsandel • Since Nov 2006 • 1156 posts Report Reply

• David Cormack,

I dunno if you've lost touch with the yoof of today Keith, but I'm pretty sure it's drum'n'bass not drum'n'base.

Though that does sound like a new US Army strategy.

And Josh the song you're looking for is called "Jesus"

(come see my show too)

Yeah

Suburbia, Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 218 posts Report Reply

• Tim Michie,

"NZ Comedy Guild's Most Offensive Gag award in 2005, and the identical award at the Wellington Comedy Awards in 2006."

Yes, but was it the identical gag? And if so, was it walking the length of SH1 for charity (or absolution) or sonething..?

Auckward • Since Nov 2006 • 614 posts Report Reply

• Jarrod Baker,

No - rest assured that we took out the Wellington award with an all-new gag (or song, as we call them); and one which did not involve any form of charity.

Keith, you'll be pleased to know that despite appearances on Wednesday night... Thursday nights show actually went really well. Sometimes all you need is a good night's sleep. And a few more rehearsals.

Wellington • Since Dec 2006 • 32 posts Report Reply

• Keith Ng,

You should totally put that Dub song online... sure to be an election-year hit.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 543 posts Report Reply

• Jarrod Baker,

That was the unexpected highlight of the show, based on audience response so far.

Will work on getting something up soon.

• Jarrod Baker,

I'd like to congratulate you on the awe-inspiring guitar solo at the beginning of 'Tony'.

Yes - the fine handiwork of my partner in crime, Dave Smith.

One day he hopes to be able to play it for reals.

wouldn't it be cool if they accidentally gave you a death-ray instead of a laser?

A death ray? Not on our budget (free). Besides which we'd probably want to point a death ray away from the stage.

Of course, teenagers all over will be going: "How does Mrs Peacock like, you know, just know how it feels to be me."

That's exactly what we want to think. We lull them into a false sense of security, then harvest their young and healthy organs.

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.