Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: Not actually satire

183 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 4 5 6 7 8 Newer→ Last

• Sofie Bribiesca,

...and this also.I will be doing my dinner now;).

here and there. • Since Nov 2007 • 6796 posts Report

• Shep Cheyenne,

Saturdays dinner - grrr. I missed out on the mutton bird but got there in time for the game.

CCC bailing out Dave Henderson, hmm. Does that mean the council will be land lord to a Strip Club? This Chancery Lane club is connected to the once feared and now bankrupted Terry Brown. In the 90s Club wars in Christchurch there were at least two bombings, not that I know who might have been involved, and at least one unexplained death in a crowded bar with no witnesses.

Geogre Balani lost a lot of face when he was tied to Terry Brown and Phil Gifford in the Mayoral election campaign of 2005.

No-one has yet taken on the race track of Christchurchs one-way system.

Henderson has not worked for urban renewal, but rather has worked as a commercial developer. He has built bars and cheap "student flats" - think Auckland Train Station student flats. There is no mixed use, or constant use of space, which would create a living vatal and safe city. There is a boozey lane or two with no other viable activities in
    Sol Square. This is why accomodation should be placed first and it might help if it's insulated and double glazed for Christchurch weather and a little noise.

Since Oct 2007 • 927 posts Report

• Felix Marwick,

George Balani lost a lot of face when he was tied to Terry Brown and Phil Gifford in the Mayoral election campaign of 2005.

Shep,
    as one of the reporters that actually wrote about that at the time may I point out that it was in 2002, not 2005. Also Phil Gifford was most definitely not connected to Balani's campaign, nor to Terry Brown.

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 200 posts Report

• Shep Cheyenne,

Phil Gifford appeared in George Balanis Mayoral advertising campaign. Thanks for the correction on the year though.

Since Oct 2007 • 927 posts Report

• Craig Ranapia,

BTW folks, breaking news:

Parliament's speaker Margaret Wilson has referred the controversy swirling around money donated by billionaire Owen Glenn to NZ First leader Winston Peters' legal fund to the privileges committee.

Question: Winston's ministerial lifespan after the last confidence and supply vote of this Parliament -- measurable hours or minutes?

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report

• andrew llewellyn,

BTW folks, breaking news:

Where's that popcorn that was going around earlier?

Since Nov 2006 • 2075 posts Report

• andrew llewellyn,

And is it just me, or has kiwiblog.co.nz gone all wingdings on us?

Since Nov 2006 • 2075 posts Report

• Craig Ranapia,

It's not just you, but for some reason the posts come through fine on my RSS reader. Hope it's just some technical SNAFU and not a web hoon on the rampage. (Not that I could tell the difference...)

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report

First ←Older Page 1 4 5 6 7 8 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.