Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: Through the Looking Glass

131 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Newer→ Last

• Matthew Poole,

Re Lincoln: At least it wasn't AUT University - which I always think of as the Auckland University of Tautology.

Or, as we call it here at U.Auckland, "that other university". After all, it is just across the road. Clearly English is not a subject in which they offer degrees, or if it is I would strongly advise against enrolling!

Auckland • Since Mar 2007 • 4097 posts Report Reply

• Paul Williams,

One NZ University and direct the marketing budget to the Library.

One of the many things that I like about Lincoln is that it is (was?) the only university in New Zealand where the oldest and grandest building on campus wasn't the VC's office and admin, it is the Library. As it damn well should be!

Sydney • Since Nov 2006 • 2273 posts Report Reply

• 81stcolumn,

Or, as we call it here at U.Auckland, "that other university". After all, it is just across the road. Clearly English is not a subject in which they offer degrees, or if it is I would strongly advise against enrolling!

Nor would I advise doing stats at the U of A......

Nawthshaw • Since Nov 2006 • 790 posts Report Reply

• Sacha,

Or any other kind of maths - worst teacher I have ever had for any subject at any level.

Ak • Since May 2008 • 19745 posts Report Reply

• Sacha,

"Auckland University of Tautology" - love it, may have to use it.

Ak • Since May 2008 • 19745 posts Report Reply

• Shep Cheyenne,

Paul "the oldest and grandest building on campus wasn't the VC's office and admin,"

Sadly they kept just the facade and slapped a tilt-slab construction onto the Library. Just how much tilt to slab is interesting. As I've said before - stand at the top of the spiral stairs with your eyes closed - it is on a wicked angle.

The other grand building of Oamaru Stone & red brick was demolished earlier this year.

Since Oct 2007 • 927 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.