Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: The Aggregated Eavesdrop

28 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 Newer→ Last

• Morgan Nichol,

Another related item, from the Times Online today. A police officer has been suspended and charged with 'assault by beating', for striking a female protestor with his baton. Caught on a camera phone.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6852445.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=2015164

At the same protests, and just a day after Ian Tomlinson died entirely coincidentally to being assaulted by police, from behind, while walking away from them and apparently doing absolutely nothing to provoke it. (And we all know that would have been swept under the rug were it not for the footage surfacing.)

Edit: and I should add that this assault actually occurred at the Ian Tomlinson vigil. What a thick headed thuggish gods damned moron.

Auckland CBD • Since Nov 2006 • 314 posts Report

• Russell Brown,

I don't move in these circles, is prison planet a credible source for this sort of information?

It's an extremely unreliable source. Those people are very crazy, which makes my immediate reaction one of doubt.

But they do have another video on the page, and they're claiming confirmation that the guys in uniform was from a "multi-agency response team".

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report

• Morgan Nichol,

It didn't take terribly much more reading around the site to come to the same conclusion. These people are fucking NUTS. It doesn't mean they aren't correct about that video being legit, but it seems like it might be breaking the habit of a lifetime.

Do these people ever realise, once they're about a thousand "sieg heils" and "pull them all out and execute them" and "zionist conspiracies" deep, that anything they say about the real things they actually hold important only diminishes the value of what they're talking about?

They're like a credibility black hole. The only thing that can escape its pull is incoherent rage.

Unfortunate, because it's crystal clear that there are genuine grievances with the way the police (and - what the fuck are they even doing there?! - military) are handling protesters.

Auckland CBD • Since Nov 2006 • 314 posts Report

First ←Older Page 1 2 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.