Speaker by Various Artists

Read Post

Speaker: All White on the night and other puns

31 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 Newer→ Last

• Alan Perrott,

oh that was grand while it lasted - just feeling lightly deflated that we didn't go out swinging a little harder.
    might have been different if Paraguay had more on the line and had been forced attack us more. otherwise we don't have the skill level to prise open an organised defence.

so, what did McGlinchey do to piss off Herbert? you'd think he'd have got some kind of look-in.

huge wraps for Paston. it wasn't just his saves, his relaxed approach must have been a great boost to the back three.

and crazy to think we're disappointed. all I'd hoped for was that we wouldn't be totally marnused. to end undefeated and above Italy...night is day.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 438 posts Report Reply

• Jolisa,

Nice tribute to the All Whites from Paraguay's splendidly named Roque Santa Cruz:

"[New Zealand] were very difficult to penetrate... We did have opportunities but couldn't finish," he said.

Erm, Emma & Megan in the house?

Auckland, NZ • Since Nov 2006 • 1472 posts Report Reply

• Ross Mason,

We now have the defence.

The search begins for goal snatchers!!!!

Go for it kids!!!!

Believe!

Upper Hutt • Since Jun 2007 • 1590 posts Report Reply

• Hadyn Green,

And in a tournament in which goalies have been struggling.

I thought the strikers were struggling? Or are they all having a bit of a whinge?

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 2090 posts Report Reply

• Ben Austin,

I was talking to a couple of Australians over here about it and they also seemed pretty happy that we'd done so well. The consensus being that they hadn't played so well and that they wanted an alternative to England to support.

I would only hope that we will be so relaxed about a similar situation in the future, if the results (or perception of a good result) were reversed

London • Since Nov 2006 • 1027 posts Report Reply

• Ross Mason,

4-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-7, 70-68.

This is the place to post it, right? Just wow.

For sure. I believe it's customary to also say who won though!

Mate! It was Tennis

Upper Hutt • Since Jun 2007 • 1590 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 2 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.