Capture by A photoblog

Read Post

Capture: EQNZ Remembrance

332 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 10 11 12 13 14 Newer→ Last

• Lilith __, in reply to Islander,

And no sun in Sumner- sumone who grew up with that

If only you'd been here the last few days, Islander! It's been sunny and still and amazing. Yesterday I waded in the sea and it was the perfect temperature.

Dunedin • Since Jul 2010 • 3895 posts Report

• Just thinking, in reply to Hebe,

Dear Hebe, I was blunt.
    Your view is valid and common among many. I'm feeling like I'm a bit player in a story by Gogol. Life goes on and all things exist, but its the environment that oppresses the spirit.
    I know life goes on out there. Just I miss part of it.

Putaringamotu • Since Apr 2009 • 1158 posts Report

• Hebe, in reply to Just thinking,

Life goes on and all things exist, but its the environment that oppresses the spirit.

I'm in a similar head-space today. the cheering things have been the sun and the house-moving live blog.

Christchurch • Since May 2011 • 2899 posts Report

• Gudrun Gisela,

Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get , they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you. Winnie the Pooh

Christchurch • Since Dec 2011 • 891 posts Report

• Gudrun Gisela,

Attachment

Hi there, got anything for me?

• Lilith __,

Did anyone else notice that our leaders appear to be going THE WRONG WAY down Madras St?

• Gudrun Gisela,

Lilith they are going the wrong way not only on Madras.

• Lilith __, in reply to Gudrun Gisela,

they are going the wrong way not only on Madras

:-D

• JacksonP,

[Redacted]

Auckland • Since Mar 2011 • 2450 posts Report

• Lilith __, in reply to JacksonP,

this series would warrant a post all on its own

Hmm. Well I'm happy to convert it to one, if you like. This isn't my sort of photography, really, but I thought the content was important.

I know Gudrun took a whole bunch of pics that same day of an anti-council protest, and I was encouraging her to put them here.

Perhaps we could do a joint post, "updates from Chch", or something?

• Hebe, in reply to Lilith __,

Perhaps we could do a joint post, “

Please do. There are so many scenes worth recording, anyone who doesn't do earthquake can leave it to those of us who can't help but return to the subject

• Lilith __, in reply to Hebe,

anyone who doesn’t do earthquake can leave it to those of us who can’t help but return to the subject

Thanks Hebe, I think it's important that we don't just do photos of rubble and demolition! There's lots happening here apart from that.

• Islander,

Waua! The life-sustaining life-enhancing creativity powers of ChchCh people!
    Anything we can do to help?
    Love- Keri

Big O, Mahitahi, Te Wahi … • Since Feb 2007 • 5643 posts Report

• Hebe, in reply to Lilith __,

think it's important that we don't just do photos of rubble and demolition! There's lots happening here apart from that.

Exactly. I love your Sumner on Sunday pix; the big rug is an awesome feat.

Though I like the big-machinery stage we are in now; some amazing great wide spaces are being created; I looked at an area this evening as I was doing the 5pm pick-up run and was amazed by the vastness of what had seemed like a smallish city block when it had buildings plural.

When I have gone to some iconic-to-me sites the dirt and gravel underfoot set me wondering how long it had been since that soil had seen daylight; what had happened there before it was built on; what the city looked like when it was Otautahi pa and surrounds; what trees and vegetation were there, what birds.

• Hebe, in reply to Islander,

Anything we can do to help?
    Love- Keri

Bound to be!

• Islander, in reply to Islander,

Just as momentary thing: the family house I grew up in was on the corner of Leaver Terrace & Bowhill Road - 160.
    It has been demolished.
    By cunning & payment, the hall coatpegs were rescued by my brother and his wife, attached to a beautiful driftwood plank that my brother smoothed & oil-polished...and where-ever I wind up, in my final home (Moeraki I trust), I will have a bit of the Chchch home I grew up in, with me & mine, for all the rest of my life...

• Islander, in reply to Hebe,

OK - suggest - either publically or via the email link - cheers!

• Islander, in reply to Hebe,

<q>ity looked like when it was Otautahi pa and surrounds; what trees and vegetation were there, what birds.

Lots of both!
    There was a Kai Tahu hui about 8? 9? years ago that addressed the nature of the presence of ka manu iwi katoa- overwhelmingly loud was the consensus, dominant (so much so that ‘gathered human voices couldnt outsing the birds.’)

One of the reasons Kai Tahu kai-karaka call so strongly/loudly (I can be heard from one end of Big O to the other, if I so choose) is – we were attempting to out-call the birds…

• Gudrun Gisela, in reply to Islander,

Is there anything that you might be aware of that is going to happen in the near future regarding Christchurch and citizens? Happy to record just about anything, anytime.

• Islander, in reply to Gudrun Gisela,

From some of the stuff going around the kumara vine, this years hui-a-iwi (Lincoln events centre, 21-23 Nov) should have interesting announcements...

• JacksonP,

Hi everyone.

Hope the continuity isn't too discombobulated by our shifting of Lilith's photos to a new feature post.

Gudrun has provided additional images too.

New Post is over here: Two Tales of a City.

Cheers, and thanks Lilith and Gudrun.

Auckland • Since Mar 2011 • 2450 posts Report

• Islander, in reply to JacksonP,

Might've lost us there JacksonP

He deleted my street party photos out of this thread to put them into a new thread.

• Islander, in reply to Lilith __,

Bugger.
    Will find them Lilith-

http://publicaddress.net/capture/two-tales-of-a-city/

They're bigger where they are now. And new pics from Gudrun. :-)

First ←Older Page 1 10 11 12 13 14 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.