Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: A storm in any port

216 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 5 6 7 8 9 Newer→ Last

• Kumara Republic, in reply to Islander,

I suspect so too. If anything, busting the MUNZ will merely win PoAL the battle. The port-of-convenience war could be quite another thing.

The southernmost capital … • Since Nov 2006 • 5446 posts Report

• DexterX,

What really slacks me off is that the economy will contract as a result - it starts to turn around and this dispute become entrenched - everytime the domestic economy starts to show signs of recover it is slammed into recession/down turn - last time it was tag teamed by tax cuts and a GST increase.

The answer to everything is Mixed Ownership and PPP - no matter what question.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 1224 posts Report

• Rob Stowell, in reply to DexterX,

The answer to everything is Mixed Ownership and PPP – no matter what question.

<random prediction alert> Except that when it all turns to nasty-coloured custard (and it will) it'll be because we got 'the worst of both worlds' and full privatisation will be touted as the only way forward.
    If you already know the answer, there's no point in asking the question.

Whakaraupo • Since Nov 2006 • 2120 posts Report

• DexterX, in reply to Rob Stowell,

If you already know the answer, there's no point in asking the question.

that is the Jukp to the right Nats answer - it is still worth asking the question and looking at the range of possible solutions that extends well past the mixed ownership PPP model.

• DexterX, in reply to Islander,

It wasn't a pun, I was inventing my own language - just making shit up and stuff.

• DexterX,

An injunction has been granted to stop contracting out until Mid May but does not guarantee a return to work - the Health & Safety Barrier to a return to work and other matters will be considered on 30th March 2012.

The injuinction is here:
    http://www.justice.govt.nz/courts/employment-court/documents/2012-judgments/2012-%20NZEmpC%2052-%20MUNZ%20V%20POAL%20LTD%20-%20Oral%20Judgment.pdf

Time is hopefully running out for the board and the CEO - IMHO they should step aside now and let the Council appoint a caretaker team who can negotiate a collective and manage the port until a new Board and CEO can be appointed.

• Steve Barnes, in reply to BenWilson,

I’m undecided if that’s through malice or ignorance.

A mixture of the two? Malignance?.

Peria • Since Dec 2006 • 5521 posts Report

• DexterX, in reply to Steve Barnes,

It is spelt "Malignorance".

• Kumara Republic, in reply to DexterX,

It is spelt “Malignorance”.

Or maybe it's spelt "fiddling while Rome burns".

• Steve Barnes, in reply to DexterX,

It is spelt “Malignorance”

Noun 1. malignance - (medicine) a malignant state; progressive and resistant to treatment and tending to cause death.

2. malignance - quality of being disposed to evil; intense ill will

Think that's about right.

• Kumara Republic,

• nzlemming, in reply to Kumara Republic,

Is he a scapegoat or does he actually have moral fibre?

Waikanae • Since Nov 2006 • 2937 posts Report

• Kumara Republic, in reply to nzlemming,

Is he a scapegoat or does he actually have moral fibre?

All that's been said so far is a "difference in views on board strategies". No indication of which way he's jumped.

• Steve Barnes,

Port 'crawling' with security guards
    Now this could be handy...

He claimed the wharfies had been forbidden from wearing t-shirts or any other items affiliated with the union.

"There is nowhere in the world where they put security cameras inside crane cabs. We don't mind security but we don't think it's necessary to go that far. This is overkill.

So, wear a Union hat and as you are not allowed to wear it at work, you can hang it over the handy Camera/Hat-rack so thoughtfully provided by your caring employer. Eh?.

• DexterX,

Hello Every Body I want to address you all publicly so I go to Public Address but of course I am clever.

First Citizen John Key the First bloging here - I sat down with it _ I so down with it - I been planking for very much ages - how cool I is, I know blogin - I overseas - I multitask super guy – I blog on smart sat phone thing - dip squad guy show me how.

The economy - that thing - I try to kill it off - it like mould and moss - it look like it could come back - don't like - economy good mean don't have to sell your stuff – So me so really, really happy industrial dispute still going on Ports of Auckland broken – security camera everywhere, security people everywhere – see more jobs for some peoples – they happy smiling – policy working.

Len Brown is loser he losing patience – he is so lost – he think he on warpath – he on stairway to oblivion - like a Lead Zep tune - Len a fairy that have no wand and cannot fly. I reading this and laughing at him – he a “sod” a “soap opera diva” – my joke good, yes but of course:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10798466

Rodney Hide in Super City creation – in the beginning there was Rod he not a sod - already pull off Mayor’s fairy wings and break wand - make Councillors just a committee – a hapless coffee group – make council companies powerful and council powerless Len Browne Coffee Group Leader.

Happy Christchurch rebuild - OK - it go slo mo - that cool - don't want that to be positive to economy I want economy to be "economoney", green and broken, then sell stuff - only answer only solution.

Red Zone People homes – govt say land no good we bulldoze home - insurance company say land condemned but home ok you fix - people face with get less money to repair house than if they get new house - government say knock it down - but before this happens test case in court - this slows thing down. Everything on slo mo – this an ecoslomoney. No problem for me I am happy smiling guy – Big Boy Gerry sit on this – he make it go away. I spoke to Big Gerry on Sat Phone he say he sat on that too - thing rining for long time Gerry didn't hear my call but felt vibrate eventually - he thought ohh after shock coming - but I say don't worry Gerry I tell him it sat phone ringing - that Sat phone not for sitting on - problem only thing for sitting on and chair of course - Ha ha ha ha - see many jokes I make.

Sitting on things make them go away too - can’t be in the media for ever - some thing big happen always like disaster, death, crime or other thing that not this thing. Media annoy me I send in my police – no problem - just like have cup of tea.

OK people say me government too free market, they say I say my Govt let market decide – I say fat joke losers.

I make government big, I make market, I am market – I give Stephen Joyce super ministry he number two second super guy, me number one original super guy don’t forget – Stephen Joyce he be like Stalin but with a difference.

Stephen Joyce a Stalin who believe in supreme being - I supreme being super guy – everything come to the centre - we make super centre ministry – OK if Labour do this I say they Communist Stalinist Traitors – me Govt do this I say cost imperative thing – economy on slo mo and no mo fact of life – everything I do so good – so good for you so good for me First Citizen John Key.

Low tax, slo mo eceonomy – the answer asset sales –Govt just sell your stuff.

Ok ok talk on Sat Phone with Bill English the bean counter guy he pick up phone quick not like Gerry – private members bill for paid parental leave – no problem we got V-toe – sorry bad idea money gone on Kim Dot Com – we help FBI – They say “spend” I say “Yes, why not”. Paid parental leave – you want - you go overseas.

Single Party State, Single Ministry well on the way to being real and only thing – much better than a republic – people say no research no policy paper no nothing really - but who cares – if I say let it be so – it is – I am so great.

Ok every happy body in NZ people happy and smiling everywhere remember this - I am so great you much love me - you thank me for being a prime minister supreme being super guy - how you do that - Just had Idea – “New Keyland “ - sounds good to me.

Must go and practice planking with Sat phone.

First Citizen John Key the First

• Kumara Republic,

Pinkerton 2.0, much?

And Mayor Len has sent a strongly worded letter from Beijing... but has the horse already bolted?

First ←Older Page 1 5 6 7 8 9 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.