Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: Evil

130 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Newer→ Last

• Che Tibby,

Wishart, judging by his silly letter in the new Metro, seems to want to fight me, and I'm not terribly interested.

you sure? because i reckon you could take him.

anyone give me odds on a bare-knuckle, brown vs. wishart?

anyone?

no?

ah well.

the back of an envelope • Since Nov 2006 • 2042 posts Report Reply

• Russell Brown,

you sure? because i reckon you could take him.

anyone give me odds on a bare-knuckle, brown vs. wishart?

Well clearly, he'd have God in his corner.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report Reply

• Michael Fitzgerald,

As good as that would be to watch (& it would be). RB taking the higher road is best.
    Ian is craving credibility & a nemisis - if you don't fight him he has neither - even better really.

Since May 2007 • 631 posts Report Reply

• Craig Ranapia,

As someone else said here, Rickards is probably the only person who think it's appropriate for him to continue as a senior policeman.

I'm one of the people who said that, and with all due respect to Angus (and we're just going to have to agree to disagree) I think there's a lot more than the rape charges he was acquitted on that has to bring Rickards' professional judgment into serious question. This might sound petty in the great scheme of things, but IMO there's something not quite right about someone who saw absolutely nothing wrong with fronting up to the trial in uniform while suspended (A breech of Police regulations for a start, AFAIK) and facing criminal charges.

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report Reply

• Sarah B,

I lived in Australia for many years where there was and is an open acknowledgement of corruption within the the police force. I am constantly amazed by the attitude here in godzone where Our police, corrections officers and others are untainted by any such nastiness. Any any system that allows for discretion in a charge being laid, or a fine levied is open for corrupt actions. If you don't think that the experience in Australia where public servants have been convicted of selling private information to debt collectors or private investigators somehow stops at the border is living in a dream. The activities of "bad" police and public officials is found everywhere in the world. Maybe this conviction of Dewar will lift the wool we seem to have firmly pulled over our eyes. I take some comfort from the Police Commissioner saying that there are other officers under scrutiny a comfort, not a threat.

Dunedin • Since Aug 2007 • 1 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.