Island Life by David Slack

Read Post

Island Life: In another league

51 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 Newer→ Last

• Rochelle Hume,

I dont think anyone reasonable would argue that if someone is so comatose or out of it, that they are uncomunicative.... then consent cant be assumed. I think we all agree that absence of refusal does not indicate consent.

But some here seem to be arguing that even if consent IS given by an incapacitated person.... that the other person must be able to know that this isnt real consent...

I'm with Bea when she says we all know that we must teach our sons to care about young women - and know that intoxication is precisely when you PROTECT someone rather than ABUSE them.

But we also teach our daughters about the ROPATIs of the world who think they have an entitlement to whatever they can take...

I had so many friends as a teen who ended up in that poor women's position, and believe me - whatever the man thinks - too intoxicated to consent is rape in the women's eyes...

The legal issues mean many of these charges will not be proved ( I can't see any way around that without creating further problems) - but I reserve myself the right to morally judge these predators and wholeheartedly congratulate the police for prosecuting...

For every one in court - at least a 100 never reported???????

Warkworth • Since Sep 2007 • 34 posts Report

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.