Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: Friday Fun

158 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 Newer→ Last

• Russell Brown,

Obama's speech notes.

Apparently McCain's "prebuttal" was a debacle.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report Reply

• Bob Munro,

I thought, that's an amazing photograph. Then I read down and people were reading all kinds of 'Strange Fruit' stuff into it.

I'm afraid I did too. I could see the positive allusions but Billie Holiday was the first thing that sprung to mind.

Christchurch • Since Aug 2007 • 418 posts Report Reply

• Sofie Bribiesca,

I thought, that's an amazing photograph. Then I read down and people were reading all kinds of 'Strange Fruit' stuff into it.

Still think it,s a great photo,even knowing what would follow in the comments but I suspect it will become a famous photo for the photographer and think one couldn't stage a.better composition.It's very cool.Riz!

here and there. • Since Nov 2007 • 6796 posts Report Reply

• Sofie Bribiesca,

O-B- A-M-A ! Yay!

here and there. • Since Nov 2007 • 6796 posts Report Reply

• Craig Ranapia,

Yeah, am I the only person who sometimes has to mentally pinch myself and say "dude, over-analysing a non-existent subtext here -- walk it off"?

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report Reply

• Craig Ranapia,

Obama's speech notes.

Apparently McCain's "prebuttal" was a debacle.

Yes, it was painful but I really was genuinely shocked by how tin-eared and thoroughly graceless Clinton's speech was. I'm not saying she should have conceded and apologised for ever running (sorry, Neil!), or give props to her supporters, but enough with the fatuous popular vote and swing-state lines. At least, stop doing McCain's work for him if you're serious about "uniting the party" and "winning in November".

There's much I don't like about Obama or the Democratic Party, but as far as I'm concerned the risk nobody can afford is letting the GOP anywhere near the White House (or any kind of Congressional majority) until it gets its shit together. If eight years of electoral tough love is what it takes, so be it.

• Russell Brown,

I really must start a new, post-presumptive-nominee thread, but for now, David Weigel at Reason has posted the best account of the alleged Michelle Obama "whitey" video rumour, which pretty much leaves it resting with the fanatical and extremely creepy pro-Clinton blogger Larry Johnson, who isn't someone you'd trust to tell you the time of day.

I can see why Barack Obama has been unwilling to even acknowledge the "rumour", given that to do so would be to give it credence.

I suspect this is some originally some black-ops from the Rove tendency in the Republican Party. They just took advantage of the fact that Johnson is a mentally unstable fuckwit.

You can't blame Hillary for that of course, but is does rather underline the craziness of some of the pro-Hillary blog army/personality cult people.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report Reply

• Craig Ranapia,

I really must start a new, post-presumptive-nominee thread, but for now, David Weigel at Reason has posted the best account of the alleged Michelle Obama "whitey" video rumour

And it might be worth reminding Neil and Mr. Brember, that Reason is a libertarian magazine, and not exactly prone to enthusiasm for either Obama or McCain.

First ←Older Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.