Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: History is now

1061 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 11 12 13 14 15 43 Newer→ Last

• Kyle Matthews,

Graeme - CNN has a popular vote count, along with states, electoral college etc.

Er, http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/

Since Nov 2006 • 6243 posts Report

• giovanni tiso,

(just to calm the nerves)

I've been working nonstop since getting back from Italy two weeks ago, so there may be a bit of tired nerves there... but can I just say the cynic in me is dead right now? I'm kind of choked up over this already, and it's only numbers on a board thus far.

Wellington • Since Jun 2007 • 7473 posts Report

• Kyle Matthews,

Heh. CNN has called Maine for Obama. If you scroll over, it's 2 votes for Obama, one for McCain. 67% vs 33%.

Now that's calling the vote early.

And, a polling station that only got three votes?

• Luke Williamson,

They've called Pennsylvania for Obama. Or have we already done that. That's big.

Warkworth • Since Oct 2007 • 297 posts Report

• Hadyn Green,

At the Republican election party thing, they have choirboys. Choirboys. I'm just gonna let that sit there.

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 2090 posts Report

• Mark Harris,

Bloody CNN.com, got me to install a new version of Flip4Mac and then told me that live streaming isn't available in my area. Bastids

Waikanae • Since Jul 2008 • 1343 posts Report

• Sam F,

This has got to be the mother of all PAS threads. It took a whole eleven days for the copyright thread to hit 16 pages.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 1611 posts Report

• Danielle,

For one brief, shining moment on the NY Times front page, Texas is blue. Thank you, Austin and Houston.

Charo World. Cuchi-cuchi!… • Since Nov 2006 • 3828 posts Report

• Craig Ranapia,

You don't even have to change your rosette Craig

But I draw the line at donkey-branded apparel. I have a few grains of self-respect left... somewhere.

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report

• Sam F,

For one brief, shining moment on the NY Times front page, Texas is blue. Thank you, Austin and Houston.

Gotta love early-days results from the NYT - Maine is currently 66% for Obama, 33% for McCain, at 2 votes to 1...

• Eddie Clark,

Fine, Kyle, copy my Maine post without citation. Plagiarism, I say! Plagiarism!

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 273 posts Report

• Craig Ranapia,

**An election night chat with 'Joe the plumber'**

Does The Guarniad want me to take it seriously or not? :)

• simon g,

They've called Pennsylvania for Obama. Or have we already done that. That's big.

Somebody tell Paul Henry. It's like the Olympics all over again on TV One. Who needs live information when you've got chat?

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 1333 posts Report

• Kyle Matthews,

Obama well ahead in Florida and North Carolina with significant numbers of votes in. Well ahead in Ohio, but early days there.

• Mark Harris,

CNN has 6 Senate seats for Dems, 3 for Reps and 26 undecided
    Reps have Maine, Sth Carolina and Tennessee
    Dems have West Va, VA, Illinois, Massachusetts (2 to 1 in Kerry's favour), New Jersey and Delaware

Virginia is the only one to swing but they've only counted 22%

• Hadyn Green,

Ooo people should try BBC for a while. The British sound so posh covering the election

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 2090 posts Report

• Kyle Matthews,

Fine, Kyle, copy my Maine post without citation. Plagiarism, I say! Plagiarism!

If you're going to focus on the downstream races and not keep your eye on the big game, plagiarism is the best you can hope for ;)

• Craig Ranapia,

Meanwhile, ldown-ticket:

Former Virginia Governor Mark Warner won a decisive victory in the state's senate race, marking the first of what are expected to be a series of Democratic gains in the body tonight.

The popular former governor bested another former governor, Jim Gilmore, for a seat long in Republican hands. The Democratic party hopes that and a handful of other wins tonight will give them the 60-member supermajority that will allow them virtually to dictate legislative policy.

Warner's victory was widely foreseen. Warner led in the polls for the entire year. The seat was left vacant by Republican John Warner (no relation), who won the seat in 1978.

• Mark Harris,

Florida reporting 60% in favour of Amendment 2: Ban on gay marriage after 26% of precincts.

• Craig Ranapia,

Ooo people should try BBC for a while. The British sound so posh covering the election

That air of faint bewilderment tinted with contempt for the bat-shit crazy colonials is soothing. Even their pointless live crosses are classy.

• simon g,

Sarah Palin has "limited political experience", TV One commentator informs us. So now you know.

In the background, there's an election being decided. FFS.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 1333 posts Report

• Sam F,

• giovanni tiso,

Hagan beats Dole and New Hampshire gets called early for Obama - according to Nate Silver, the clearest sign yet Obama has got this.

Wellington • Since Jun 2007 • 7473 posts Report

• JohnAmiria,

my TV has split screen, meaning I can watch two channels at once (you flip between for the audio) so ...

I've got TV1 on one side (and they cross to ABC and CNN regularly) and Al Jazeera on the other (Triangle/Stratos via Freeview).

It's funny when you get both CNN and Al Jazeera showing their map coloured red, blue or yellow - and they're different.

Enjoying all the coverage but can recommend Al Jazeera if you've forgotten it.

back to the box ...

hither and yon • Since Aug 2008 • 215 posts Report

• Sofie Bribiesca,

I have a few grains of self-respect left... somewhere.

over the rainbow... sky high blue....:) ok way up high.... (short intermission... as you were )

here and there. • Since Nov 2007 • 6796 posts Report

First ←Older Page 1 11 12 13 14 15 43 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.