Field Theory by Hadyn Green

Read Post

Field Theory: Great game of netball or greatest game of netball?

80 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 Newer→ Last

• Ethan Tucker,

Until then get along to the freakin Roller Derby! Both Auckland and Wellington have bouts this weekend and both look like they'll be HUGE.

I'm not having a pop or anything - would like to check out roller derby at some point - but did y'all see the following from Stuff White People Like?

If you meet a white girl with black hair, tattoos, and a passion for horror films, there is a 100 percent chance that she plays in some sort of Roller Derby league. The sport reached its height of popularity in the seventies, thus all but guaranteeing that white people would eventually resurrect it in a fit of nostalgia and irony. But the sport draws in white people for many other reasons, including funny costumes and the opportunity for women to compete under clever pseudonyms like Arianna Puffington and Sarah Nailin’.

Wellington • Since Apr 2008 • 119 posts Report Reply

• Geoff Lealand,

A damn good game last night, with Waikato taking it to Canterbury--and they didn't need Stephen Donald nor Mils.

Screen & Media Studies, U… • Since Oct 2007 • 2562 posts Report Reply

• Kyle Matthews,

Apologies for the recent lack of posting. I'm sure to catch my breath soon. Until then get along to the freakin Roller Derby! Both Auckland and Wellington have bouts this weekend and both look like they'll be HUGE.

A couple of nutty acquaintances are trying to start ice derby here in Dunedin. This Thursday night they're giving it a first go.

So many males are keen to play they're making it mixed, not sure if fish nets are compulsory.

Since Nov 2006 • 6243 posts Report Reply

• Simon Poole,

A damn good game last night, with Waikato taking it to Canterbury--and they didn't need Stephen Donald nor Mils.

Although, and I say this as a Waikato fan, I think both Waikato and the AB's would have been better off if Stephen Donald had taken the pitch at Eden Park.

Also, as far as next weekend is concerned:

- Colin Slade
    + Stephen Donald

would make Waikato's task a lot easier.

Since Dec 2008 • 161 posts Report Reply

• Simon Poole,

A couple of nutty acquaintances are trying to start ice derby here in Dunedin. This Thursday night they're giving it a first go.

So many males are keen to play they're making it mixed, not sure if fish nets are compulsory.

Having seen the bruises left by skate wheels, I'd hate to see what a blade would do :/

Since Dec 2008 • 161 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.