Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: Mind Blending

94 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 Newer→ Last

• Russell Brown, in reply to Isabel Hitchings,

When do we have to RSVP by? I really, really want to come up but it’s going to take a while to figure out if it’s feasible. I’m expecting my partner to be back at work but my kids may be still off school at that stage so childcare may be an issue.

Let's put it this way: there's no way you wouldn't be getting in.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report

• nzlemming, in reply to Joanna,

That would be me, rasslin' with Megan, I do believe

Mud? Or jello?

Waikanae • Since Nov 2006 • 2937 posts Report

• Craig Ranapia, in reply to Isabel Hitchings,

back at work but my kids may be still off school at that stage so childcare may be an issue.

Pish-posh. I've been told I can entertain children for hours with a lit cigarette, a bag of jelly beans and the possibility of Los Bros Grimm's Greatest Hits with audience participation. Children are so easy to entertain, demented little Visigoths that they are.

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report

• Joanna,

Mud? Or jello?

We've debated this for a long time. I think because Megan and I are Serious Sports People, we had a preference for mud. But others wanted to see Jelly. But seriously, I'll wrestle Megan in whatever substance I get the chance to.

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 746 posts Report

• Jackie Clark, in reply to Craig Ranapia,

One of these days, you will come to work with me, and I will laugh at you.

Mt Eden, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 3136 posts Report

• nzlemming, in reply to Craig Ranapia,

Hmm, The Ranapiation of Isabel's Sprogs

It has an interesting ring to it. Not sure whether it's a film or a book, though...

• nzlemming, in reply to Jackie Clark,

Why wait? Laugh now!

• Jackie Clark, in reply to nzlemming,

No! Craig has to be here for laughter to ensue.

• Russell Brown,

Can I just say that trying to get a viable budget out of half the original plan -- with a bunch of sunk costs, plus some new ones -- has been hard? I think we've sorted it out now.

And I've just had a phone call that should lead to being able to help the people in Christchurch that I wanted to help in the first place. Bit of work to do yet, but I think we're on the right track.

And -- oh look! -- it's wine time.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report

• Kumara Republic,

I still have my old Peoples' Republic of ChCh T-shirt. Solidarity Forever!

The southernmost capital … • Since Nov 2006 • 5446 posts Report

• Robyn Gallagher,

Aw man - I've been waiting for this for three years, only to discover that the OGB is taking place the day after I jet off to a different timezone.

Oh well.

But I'll tell you this - I will be at the Christchurch OGB.

Since Nov 2006 • 1946 posts Report

• Isabel Hitchings, in reply to Russell Brown,

Let's put it this way: there's no way you wouldn't be getting in.

Thanks so much Russell. Hopefully I'll have a bit of an idea what's happening with school late this week or early next. If school's going to be out for a while I might send the boys off to Nelson for some Grandparent spoiling which could work in my favour.

Christchurch • Since Jul 2007 • 719 posts Report

• giovanni tiso, in reply to Robyn Gallagher,

But I'll tell you this - I will be at the Christchurch OGB.

We all should.

Wellington • Since Jun 2007 • 7473 posts Report

• Deborah,

Damn and blast. If it had been Wednesday 9 March, I could have made it, and if it had been Friday 11 March, I might just have been able to get there, but Thursday 10 March just isn't going to work at all.

I hope you all have a lovely time, and will someone please give Dr Haywood a hug for me.

New Lynn • Since Nov 2006 • 1447 posts Report

• Craig Ranapia, in reply to Russell Brown,

Can I just say that trying to get a viable budget out of half the original plan -- with a bunch of sunk costs, plus some new ones -- has been hard?

Yes - and may I say the lovely Sonya, who called me this avo to rearrange the flights and accomodation, sounds like she's earned a substantial Christmas bonus in the form of liquor and deep tissue massage? How the hell do you people do it?

• Jackie Clark, in reply to Craig Ranapia,

Love and integrity, I suspect.

• Megan Wegan, in reply to Craig Ranapia,

How the hell do you people do it?

Given that I have yet to meet a PAS person in the flesh, who isn't a thoroughly decent and intelligent and witty and compassionate human being? I'd say....just by them being themselves.

Welly • Since Jul 2008 • 1275 posts Report

• Matthew Littlewood,

Man, I'd love to attend this...but, with it in Wellington, it might be a bit of a struggle. However, I will see what I can do, I've got some leave coming up and want to use it accordingly.

Today, Tomorrow, Timaru • Since Jan 2007 • 449 posts Report

• Craig Ranapia,

Jackie & Megan:

All of the above and more. But I wouldn't have blamed anyone if they'd just said "flag it, we'll do something later in the year." Instead, Russell and the rest of the crew are being beyond awesome and I get to go along for the ride without having to do any heavy lifting. Yay!

But seriously, Russell is (to use a colloquialism of my misspent yoof) 'fuck'n staunch" and hope I'll never, ever take that for granted.

• giovanni tiso, in reply to Megan Wegan,

Given that I have yet to meet a PAS person in the flesh, who isn't a thoroughly decent and intelligent and witty and compassionate human being?

I see I'm going to have to send a stunt double.

• Megan Wegan, in reply to giovanni tiso,

Dude, I've already met you. I've even cooked for you.

• Tristan,

visual comments?

Off topic I know but I note the Great Blend thread already had 47 comments and another thread here now has over 800!?

I wonder if anyone is investigating a better way to hold online discussions. I find pages and pages of comments hard to follow.

I wonder if a flash based system with a round table where people join the discussion and you can 'play' the dissuasion so it looks more like a conversation... This place is lively I just cant keep up ;)

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 221 posts Report

• George Darroch,

I'll oblige.

WLG • Since Nov 2006 • 2264 posts Report

• giovanni tiso, in reply to Megan Wegan,

Dude, I've already met you. I've even cooked for you.

That was my stunt double.

• Megan Wegan, in reply to giovanni tiso,

That was my stunt double.

But he's adorable

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.