Speaker by Various Artists

Read Post

Speaker: Eat, Drink, Rebuild

6 Responses

• Grant McDougall,

Smash Palace, eh ? There's been a bar called that in Gisborne for about 25 years. It has the most amazing decor of any bar I've seen in the country. I mean, not every bar has a DC3 fuselage poking through the wall, for example.

Dunedin • Since Dec 2006 • 760 posts Report Reply

• Ian Dalziel,

nosh nous...

The Lotus Heart has moved to St Asaph St between Fitzgerald and Barbadoes...

...right opposite the Darkroom / Archive / Galaxy building!

...and what! No mention of the excellent Bodhi Tree now situated at 397-399 Ilam Road, Christchurch, near Clyde Rd roundabout.

Piko Wholefoods are now at 248 Stanmore Road, Richmond, between the river and the park / New World heading North. Lyttel-Piko is at 12 London Street, Lyttelton.

Christchurch • Since Dec 2006 • 7953 posts Report Reply

• Emma Hart, in reply to Ian Dalziel,

and what! No mention of the excellent Bodhi Tree now situated at 397-399 Ilam Road, Christchurch, near Clyde Rd roundabout.

I did not know that, thanks Ian. Fabulous.

Over our side, Alvarados is open again, right by Lancaster Park.

Christchurch • Since Nov 2006 • 4651 posts Report Reply

• Isaac Freeman,

Church Corner also has Patisserie Yahagi, the award-winning Japanese cake shop.

Over our side, Alvarados is open again, right by Lancaster Park.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god! Alvarados is back!

Christchurch • Since Feb 2007 • 134 posts Report Reply

• Joe Wylie, in reply to Isaac Freeman,

Church Corner also has Patisserie Yahagi, the award-winning Japanese cake shop.

+++1111 - those manuka madeleines.
    Also The Red Bean Bakery in those parts does neat little green tea cookies.

flat earth • Since Jan 2007 • 4593 posts Report Reply

• Hebe,

I don't eat out much, but I do snack out a couple of times a week. Fava cafe in Centaurus Road has turned from an uptight yummy mummy haunt to a more agreeable lurkery.

The chicken liver pate in little pots at Technical Books in the Windmill Centre in Riccarton is yum, as is the coffee. And you can look at books.

And the cinnamon scrolls at Breads of Europe in Garlands Road Woolston. Oh and Holy Smoke bacon (Ferry Road).

Christchurch • Since May 2011 • 2899 posts Report Reply

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.