Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: Tragedy into Crisis?

232 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 6 7 8 9 10 Newer→ Last

• Shep Cheyenne,

Faark, I saw TV3 interview Mr Low & they had the good grace to show him threaten the reporter.

I'ld like to know Mr Lows connection to (or distance from) triads.

Watch this space I see a crime watch special coming some time soon.

I'm really pleased the security industry are getting a bit of a clean up soon which should answer this proposition of Mr Lows.

Since Oct 2007 • 927 posts Report Reply

• Craig Ranapia,

Faark, I saw TV3 interview Mr Low & they had the good grace to show him threaten the reporter.

But I was fascinated to hear that Low comes from Singapore -- not, as I understand, a nation that is notably friendly towards criminal gangs or those who consort with them.

And while the usual suspects are working themselves up to orgasm (the same people, I suspect, who'd need adult diapers if Otara had gangs of patched Mongrel Mobsters and Black Power creeps on patrol), I just wonder how fast they're going to duck, roll and develop selective amnesia when some Dirty Harry wannabe is bleeding out in a South Auckland gutter.

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report Reply

• Shep Cheyenne,

Mr Low grew up in a Singapore full of race riots & massacres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Singapore

He then left Singapore before it became prosperous.

• Kumara Republic,

For everyone's info, here's the transcript of the interview:

Low says he will consider talks with police, but thinks the current groups set up by police are not working. He wanted to ensure his message was not skewed even to the extent of issuing 3 News reporter Michael Morrah with a warning.

"I don't want anyone trying to twist the bloody tongue - I kick your bloody arse," Low threatened. "If you make me angry, make it your mission to twist my words I don't care if you TV1 or TV3 what I want is the facts."

The southernmost capital … • Since Nov 2006 • 5446 posts Report Reply

• Shep Cheyenne,

Mr Low was a lot more contrite on nine to noon RNZ this morning.

He also seems to be using a 'lack' of english to obsfucate his privious statements. Given the emotion they were delivered with I have no doubt what he ment at the time.

I'm still sus on a guy who advocated triads for paid protection. This sounds like a job for the, ... IRD.

• Shep Cheyenne,

I missed this on Morning Report RNZ.
    Now I'm trying to work-out if he is a member of a Triad. Starting to sound like it.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport

Mayor Shocked at Suggestion of Triad Security

• Craig Ranapia,

"I don't want anyone trying to twist the bloody tongue - I kick your bloody arse," Low threatened. "If you make me angry, make it your mission to twist my words I don't care if you TV1 or TV3 what I want is the facts."

Um, DeepRed, could I be forgiven for not having a lot of sympathy for Three News on that particular score? I suspect I'm not the only PAS reader who's *cough* murmered similar sentiments before flipping over to the relatively intelligent re-run of Friends on the other station. :)

North Shore, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 12370 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 6 7 8 9 10 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.