Read Post

Cracker: Flashback

424 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 Newer→ Last

• Riddley Walker,

nice one m, thems exactly the hamsters i'm talking about

AKL • Since Feb 2007 • 890 posts Report

• merc,

Now that child can write a poem, it's wicked. I have a wee treat (I hope) for you, something I did 7 odd years ago but is as close to the view of the secret flight of seabirds as I feel I can get. Oh and the reason why it says Crane is because I wrote it after I saw a crane do it and then found the pic, so. I can't credit the photo because it wasn't, so whoever did it, thanks.
    Seabirds

Since Dec 2006 • 2471 posts Report

• Riddley Walker,

nice one m. that is pretty. here is a Sky Crane, which is far less pretty.
    i thought merc head looked kind of early picasso.

• merc,

Hell, that is a bird and what a modern picture of techno-kill power.
    As for early Picasso, well, he is a Scorpion too, I love the Corrida, primitive art, nice things and I really admired him for staying in Paris during the Nazi occupation. He also has some great quotes, we share many things but I am unable to copy him, though he is strongly mythological and other, thematically, as I am. He is a Master Artist, I am a Poet who happens to draw. Oh and Picasso was a master craftsman, etching in copper by hand in old age, one take, brilliant.

• Riddley Walker,

yeah that is one ugly death-sucker.

picasso was a remarkable guy by the sounds. probably impossible to live with, but indeed a master artist and craftsman.

• merc,

I was impossible to live with, now I'm just improbable.
    I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.

• Riddley Walker,

being improbable to live with is excellent.

my colleague just pointed this out as the pinacle of human achievement, i doubt anyone could possibly disagree. (keep with it till at least half-way for best effect.
    nice set of quotes.

The Pinacle of artistic endeavour

• merc,

Yup it is.
    I have shaved off my 'tash though because Che was onto me.

• Riddley Walker,

moustaches, they come and they go. the air feels much cooler without one.
    anyway Che can talk, doesn't he run "RPGs Are Us" or is it "Mainly Self-Propelled Weaponry" - one of those grab a coffeee and read a magazine or two while you're tooling-up sort of places.

• Malcolm,

Hey Riddley - thanks for your post on the other thread. I appreciate the acknolwedgement and you made some good points. Gives a nice cap to the whole thing.

Since Apr 2007 • 69 posts Report

• Riddley Walker,

yeah except now i see Deborah has signed off :(

• merc,

R. re Che, yeah I know, he's the insurgent's insurgent, him and that Hamishm, but you know, everyday above ground is a good day. What is funny is how they pictured me on Che's blog, I freakin' loved it, not only am I insecure regarding Asoc.Profs I have always had this goombah other personna, which cracks up my Part Italian Partner (PIP not her name), indeed her Grandfather was Garibaldi's bodyguard, Cherman's and Italians, it's all about the shoes, all.
    BTW, could thread creep be called SCREAP.

• merc,

Deborah, come back or The System Has Failed.
    R. By way of explanation Goombah

• Riddley Walker,

just read the rest of object dart. nice pun that. i don't especially see you as that at all, in fact the tash is slightly surprising. and i took the moniker as a reference to soldier of fortune, not a car.
    i do quite like the goombah word and style though. reminds me of spag westerns.
    and yes for chermans and italians, and andy warhola, it's all about the chouxs.

• Rob Stowell,

Ditto re: sadness about Deborah. Cue the final curtain. Darkness in the th*ar*e.

Whakaraupo • Since Nov 2006 • 2120 posts Report

• Riddley Walker,

yes, it's not meant to be a dark theatre.

• hamishm,

That is a bad outcome. I hope she reconsiders because it is a good place that Bishop Brown of the All- Seeing Carpet Slippers, has made.

As for being an insurance gent, I would put a low premium on that.

Since Nov 2006 • 357 posts Report

• merc,

The 'tash was a beard thing, I shapeshift regularly of course, no one recognises me but I see them, it is evil but necessary. Besides I fully recommend exercising all the personna's you got, really...
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, Blake.
    I have been thinking (not like Prebble) about Deborah and Craig. I was going to pull from PAS in support, but I feel that Deborah should stay and meet Craig on her terms. I would like to say that I will support her in this because, I have read all Craigs posts and then some on other blogs, I note a distinct pattern. I don't think he fully appreciates his impact, I did not like his "apology" post I agree with all that Malcom said, I disagree with RB stopping the thread. RB seems to have a blind spot when it comes to Craigs more vituperative postings, RB; it is not robust and it does verge on cyber-bullying, in my opinion.
    Seeing as Craig has blankly refused to hold himself up to account for some very oblique, threatening behaviour, I will not read anything he posts from here on.

• Riddley Walker,

i sprout and go all talibany, then shave, then do it again. i like not recognizing myself in the mirror after a shave.

i thought about pulling out too. i would like to see Deborah back. i like her elegant gravytar. i regretted posting what i did on that thread just before RB called closed; i hope it didn't contribute to her going, i certainly didn't mean it to, quite the opposite. he is vituperative. not a problem in itself but it seems a little too consistent and unleavened to be welcomed. i could go on but i don't feel free to, which is probably just as well; the inability to properly apologise however is a revealing weakness.
    as it stands there is now a pall about the place. i hope the trade proves worth it for PA.

• Riddley Walker,

i bet you wouldn't know me from yourself is nice.

• merc,

I think you're too hard on yourself, I thought your post was well intended and in no way would have lead to The Closing. You know, 1000's of people read your posts and I've always found them to be insightful and considered.
    I have posted a photo for you, it's of the cave below the turfed out Terns and the secretive Gannets, did it in 2003 (sigh), and can you see the hidden face?
    How does this fit in with the thread? Well I too have been got at by Craig on NRT and I kind of placated him then, then I thought to myself, never operate from fear, always try to give more of yourself, maybe this will reduce fear in the world, it's my Beauty Pageant Speech, meh.
    That's why I post stuff that I've created.

• merc,

Sheesh, you're quick, thanks for that. I had to surf through that cave once, or be pinned under the Gannet cliff...

• Riddley Walker,

interesting to hear that. he's the only person i ever felt threatened me on here, not that i felt threatened.

didn't see the face the first time but yes now i see. surfing through it would be a dag. being stuck under a gannet colony would be daggier though.

sadness is not the opposite of happiness. fear is the opposite of happiness. your modus operandi is a good one me thinks.

now off to be human.

• hamishm,

merc, I like the cave. I think surfing through it would be another story in the "Injuries" thread tho'. I realise that this might not mean much as I could write my knowledge of poetry on a stamp however I think your stuff is very good.

Riddley, O shaven Guinea pig I do not think that your post would have made any difference as leaving a forum is usually a cumulative result (take it from one who's left a forum after near 2,000 posts). It is sad however and I really hope that D comes back.

Since Nov 2006 • 357 posts Report

• Sue,

Damian

can i suggest citronella as a cat teaching mechanism.
    cats and dogs hate it but it does them no harm, so if you get woken at 4am you spray a little citronella and maybe it will stop.

Of course if i was you I'd just ask miles for cat help, he is rather a cat whisperer

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 527 posts Report

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

This topic is closed.