Island Life by David Slack

Read Post

Island Life: The One Minute Stadium

54 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 Newer→ Last

• stephen walker,

nah, just use the money to build robbie's rapid transit, 40 years late is better than never

nagano • Since Nov 2006 • 646 posts Report Reply

• Jason Kemp,

I heard an ex Mayor (Les Mills on radio) say (to the effect) that when the Port company starts supporting the waterfront he would take it more seriously.

I may have missed some of the debate - but I don't think the single most affected parties - being the Port - are supporting the proposal at all. That should be a sobering thought.

Cortesy of Air NZ I have checked the return flights to Toyko (Narita) as being $2025.01 which means for $100m - approximately 49,382.47 people could get their return airfares paid for if the game was held in Tokyo. ( An earlier suggestion was to run the cup in Japan)

Lets also consider changing Eden Park charter and holding netball games there - anything as long as it doesn't stay exclusively rugby - as the price for pissing off so many maths teachers.

Or even better why not call the bluff and have 12,000 people watch the game live in the Vector arena statium and the rest of the people can go to Eden Park .

Quite simple really - Eden Park and the "almost" waterfront - so what is the big deal.

I used to have Dick's mobile number but deleted it. He splashed it around when he got elected saying he was willing to hear from the people.

I suggest anyone who might have that number still use it.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 368 posts Report Reply

• Russell Brown,

Imagine buying yourself a huge-azz plasma TV set costing $20k for the sole purpose of having your mates come over and watch one rugby game on it. Ever.

But that's exactly what you're talking about for Eden Park. Eden Park will never be able to to be used for any more events than it is now. But it gets worse: any public money that goes into Eden Park stays there. It's a private trust. It's like paying for a big-ass TV for your neighbour to watch the game.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report Reply

• Kyle Matthews,

No, it's like buying a big-ass TV for your neighbour, and then going over every weekend to watch the game, and being charged $100. And $5 a beer.

And he never has decent parties there because the old lady on the other side complains about the noise. Man, if you'd only put the TV in your house, you could party all night.

Since Nov 2006 • 6243 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.