Cracker by Damian Christie

Read Post

Cracker: Send in the Clowns

160 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 7 Newer→ Last

• Islander, in reply to Sacha,

Quite possibly, Sacha - but not here, in an area where the *&&$% POWER supply is intermittment, let alone electricity to one's computer et al-

Big O, Mahitahi, Te Wahi … • Since Feb 2007 • 5643 posts Report Reply

• Samuel Scott,

PERIGIO! wtf? That show has just blown my mind grapes.

South Wellington • Since Feb 2008 • 315 posts Report Reply

• Steve Barnes,

This one is only $109 but that is still the price of a decent bottle of Scotch ;-)

Peria • Since Dec 2006 • 5521 posts Report Reply

• Islander, in reply to Steve Barnes,

Dear Steve – as a fellow afficionado of Islay single malts, may I direct you to Whisky&More? You will realise why I jib at anything over $60??*

• Steve Barnes,

Whisky and More
    Even more money for the satellite set-up ;-)
    I was just looking at the DVB-T transmitter sites, I always thought that when they launched Freeview they told us that it would cover 95% of the country. This now is “rephrased” as 75% of “New Zealand Homes" which equates to less than a quarter of the country. I feel ripped off again, thank you National. C**ts

Yup.
    They ("Freeview" - HAH) dont cover wee primitive areas like here - and as for Nats
    - you are so restrained, mate! I'd call em (huffing up, getting more & more vitriolic) o fuffing EGGS!

• linger, in reply to Steve Barnes,

National:
    The party of tax cuts.
    The party of public service cuts.
    The party of privately cut deals.
    National: we put the N in cuts.

Tokyo • Since Apr 2007 • 1944 posts Report Reply

• Steve Barnes, in reply to Islander,

o fuffing EGGS!

Language Dear, language ;-)

• Islander, in reply to linger,

YESSS! +1

Hangs appendages in shame*- soorrreee

*None of you have actually realised you are chatting with an intelligent squid?
    Eh?
    (Retires back under the rock...)

• Steve Barnes, in reply to linger,

National: we put the N in cuts.

You bet your sweet ASS ets

• Steve Barnes, in reply to Islander,

*None of you have actually realised you are chatting with an intelligent squid?

Ahh, reminds me of the time you could buy a decent bottle of Scotch for Sick Squid.
    Geddit? Six... oh you did. Never mind... ;-)
    {puts on pyjamas and goes to bed}

• Islander,

But i love being here in the pund area and just slithering around the bout-

• Damian Christie, in reply to jessica scott,

Lindsay Perigo is hilarious. My favourite bit was when he called teachers ‘child molesters of the mind’. Christmas dinner with him must be lots of fun

Ha! I was actually going to quote that bit as well. I think I may have actually spent a Xmas dinner with Linds, back in the day, or if not, we definitely shared a few meals. They were fun, to be honest, although these days I imagine it's a bit more like the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, which would still be fun, just in a more 'laugh at' way.

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 1164 posts Report Reply

• Damian Christie, in reply to Islander,

@Islander - I'm in exactly the same boat as you in terms of twitter. Don't need it. Tried it, meh. Supposedly interesting people (Stephen Fry) reduced to the extremely mundane ("tired now, laptop out of batteries, going to bed" etc). And if I ever really need to know of a natural/unnatural disaster ten minutes quicker than it's on TV or radio, I'll probably feel it... that also assumes that one checks one's Twitter every few minutes, which is a scary prospect for someone as www.addicted.com as me.

Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 1164 posts Report Reply

• Steve Barnes, in reply to Damian Christie,

I’m in exactly the same boat as you in terms of twitter.

That would be a Squid boat then.
    I concur, Twitter is aptly named I think, just a bunch of people twittering, it's like white noise, like the meaningless squiggles on the on the monitor of the Matrix.

• Russell Brown,

Righto ...

I've confirmed that from launch TVNZ 6 and 7 listings were made available at no charge to newspapers and other media.

Very few chose to use them, including newspapers that will run listings for Sky channels with much smaller audiences. Make of that what you will.

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 22850 posts Report Reply

• Russell Brown, in reply to Steve Barnes,

I concur, Twitter is aptly named I think, just a bunch of people twittering, it’s like white noise, like the meaningless squiggles on the on the monitor of the Matrix.

I find it highly useful, stimulating and very often jolly good fun.

• Steve Barnes, in reply to Russell Brown,

I’ve confirmed that from launch TVNZ 6 and 7 listings were made available at no charge to newspapers and other media.

Thing is Russell, media companies compete for advertising and advertising your opposition is still advertising. I would be interested in how much Sky "pays" for the listings to be published

• Steve Barnes, in reply to Russell Brown,

I find it highly useful, stimulating and very often jolly good fun.

A bit like gardening.
    (I don't do that either) ;-)

• Russell Brown, in reply to Steve Barnes,

A bit like gardening.
    (I don’t do that either) ;-)

Well, we have that in common. Although Damian does do the gardening ...

• Jackie Clark, in reply to Russell Brown,

Yes but to be fair it has to be interactive, and I'm starting to get a bit disillusioned with it. I don't follow a shitload of people, and of the ones who follow me, only about 3 actually ever respond to anything I say. So addicted as I am to it, it is becoming a bit bad for the old self esteem.

Mt Eden, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 3136 posts Report Reply

I've confirmed that from launch TVNZ 6 and 7 listings were made available at no charge to newspapers and other media.

They could still have offered, say, a weekly PDF of TVNZ 6 & 7 listings. If they have, I can't find it.

BTW, TV Guide does publish TVNZ 6 & 7 listings. Not terribly expansive, but it is there.

Auckland • Since Jan 2007 • 2618 posts Report Reply

• Russell Brown, in reply to 3410,

BTW, TV Guide does publish TVNZ 6 & 7 listings. Not terribly expansive, but it is there.

TV Guide are champs. They also regularly feature a clip from NZ On Screen.

• Josh Addison,

Jumping on the grammar pedant train (Tech Writer, whaddaya gonna do?), I'm pretty sure "less than" is correct in that context. While it's usually "less" for mass nouns and "fewer" for count nouns, when you have a quantity of count nouns that's being treated as a single bulk amount, you use "less", e.g. The police recovered less than $1,500; It happened less than five years ago; The recipe calls for less than two cups of sugar.

http://topics.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/fewer-vs-less

Onehunga, Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 298 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 2 3 4 5 7 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.