Hard News by Russell Brown

Read Post

Hard News: Reputation and remuneration

192 Responses

First ←Older Page 1 4 5 6 7 8 Newer→ Last

• DexterX, in reply to Steve Barnes,

Meanwhile, the Colossus of Roads drones on...

Should that not be - " Meanwhile, the Colossus of Drones railroads on and on and on..........."

Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 1224 posts Report Reply

Meanwhile, that rat John Banks expects us to believe that Sky City donated $15k to Len Brown's campaign under their own name (which is on record), but donated $15k to the Banks campaign anonymously.

I look forward to his prosecution and resultant expulsion from Parliament.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Sky-City-deal-Mallard-v-Banks---extended-footage/tabid/315/articleID/251978/Default.aspx

Auckland • Since Jan 2007 • 2618 posts Report Reply

• Sacha, in reply to 3410,

I look forward to his prosecution

let me guess - at the discretion of the Police

Ak • Since May 2008 • 19745 posts Report Reply

• Steve Barnes, in reply to Sacha,

let me guess – at the discretion of the Police

Perhaps not in his favour though, they have History...

Peria • Since Dec 2006 • 5521 posts Report Reply

• Rich of Observationz,

He likes his pokies, that John Banks. Didn't much of the cash from pokies in the pubs he owned get diverted into his political campaigns as the designated 'charity'?

Back in Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 5550 posts Report Reply

John Banks is in serious trouble, judging by tonight's Campbell Live.

According to Kim Dotcom, Banks asked him to split his $50k donation into 2 x $25k packets. It seems that both donations were recorded on Banks' return as "anonymous".

I call on John Banks to do the right thing and resign from Parliament.

[Campbell Live: John Banks]

And the vid is now up.

• Kumara Republic,

Every man has his price. You have to hand it to Len Brown for being honest about it. Banksie, on the other hand...

The southernmost capital … • Since Nov 2006 • 5446 posts Report Reply

• Sacha, in reply to 3410,

I call on John Banks to do the right thing

hahaha

hahaha

I thought you'd like that. :)

• Ian Dalziel, in reply to 3410,

I call on John Banks to do the right thing
    and resign from Parliament.

He is obviously not well, he couldn't remember much around the Teacup affair, and now there's so much more he can't remember - early onset Alzheimers perhaps?
    Will parliamentary services cough up and pay for someone to remember stuff for him?

Christchurch • Since Dec 2006 • 7953 posts Report Reply

• Hebe,

Any bets on how long National can hold out this time? Catherine Isaac is number two on the party list.

Christchurch • Since May 2011 • 2899 posts Report Reply

• DexterX,

An Impossible Mission Force - Act - the Final Implosion - John Key banked on Banks – John Banks is on skates as he takes down all anonymous comers skating on thin ice of his own making - the possibilities are hilarious.

With a National government that regards governance and solid economic stewardship (in the national interests) as being for chumps and shonky dealings the order of the day; will the First Citizen’s John Keys Police Force force the issue, will John Banks stand down for a short while - say six to nine months - while the matter is investigated and the super ministry is fast tracked, will the invetigative report come back showing no intentional wrong doing, and will the law be changed retrospectively to enable John Banks to ride again.

Should a by election in Epsom prove necessary - it remains to be seen will a resurgent cycleway and a shonky pokies for convention centre deal be part of the saving grace that keeps the Key Govt afloat.

Kim Dot Com providing the banana skin that bought down the banana republic – First they all took his money, then they set the goon squad onto him and locked him in jail because the FBI told them to do it.

This coalition government are beginning to appear as the self-serving phuckwits they really are, they have underestimated the extent of their own stupidity.

Will Act, the far out far right, rise again?

• Islander, in reply to Hebe,

They will cling, like especially nasty & cancerous bottom feeders, to all manner of power structures because all they actually want is -power. Nothing else. They are not aiming to create jobs, or reform injust law, or create new opportunities for the unemployed, or actually DO anything - they just want to retain the power they currently have - and, if possible - increase it.
    I *loathe* them.

Big O, Mahitahi, Te Wahi … • Since Feb 2007 • 5643 posts Report Reply

• Kumara Republic,

Dotcom's secret donation to Banks

This article sums up the events quite succinctly, and includes some new info. By rights, Banks is toast.

• Rich of Observationz,

Should a by election in Epsom prove necessary

Won't be a (short term) problem though. They'll elect a National MP, or an ACT MP if NACT have the chutzpah to keep the deal going.

You can have corrupt electorates as well as corrupt politicians.

Back in Wellington • Since Nov 2006 • 5550 posts Report Reply

• DexterX, in reply to Rich of Observationz,

Kim Dot Com should stand in Epsom as an independent – I would rather he held the balance of power than say Act, Peter Dune or the Maori Party.

He seems more balanced and responsible – less of a prick so to speak.

• Joe Wylie, in reply to DexterX,

Peter Dune

The Kwisatz Haderach of NZ politics?

flat earth • Since Jan 2007 • 4593 posts Report Reply

• Kumara Republic, in reply to DexterX,

Kim Dot Com should stand in Epsom as an independent – I would rather he held the balance of power than say Act, Peter Dune or the Maori Party.

He seems more balanced and responsible – less of a prick so to speak.

I'm not sure he actually has citizenship yet. Kelly Chal was in Parliament for 2½ weeks as a United Future MP, only to be forced to resign because she only had Permanent Residency - the law requires MPs to have full citizenship.

• Sacha, in reply to Joe Wylie,

that might explain the hair

• Sacha, in reply to Hebe,

Banks is an electorate MP, so they get a byelection rather than bring a list MP in. Epsom's finest again get to decide the nation's fate.

• Hebe, in reply to Sacha,

Nunber two on the last party list puts Isaacs in with a good chance of being the party's selection for any by-election. She's leading the Govt's charter schools trial so presumably National has some affection for her.

Bottom line is that if Banks goes and a by-election is called, Act or National will win the seat so it's a matter of damage control for Key. But timing will be all because the by-election process would mean legislative paralysis for National for a few months until it was all sorted. I expect that National will be looking closely at its parliamentary legislative timetable to find an expedient window and will delay or hasten the process to suit themselves.

The spanner in the works could, again, be Winston, who would not be able to win Epsom but if Act and National were running could drive a neat little wedge in there to his own ends. The backroom blowflies will be buzzing.

Christchurch • Since May 2011 • 2899 posts Report Reply

• Sacha, in reply to Hebe,

that's true, yes.

• FletcherB,

So, if there were a by-election, and Nats rather than ACT won it... does that mean National could abandon it's charter-school deal, as Act was no longer a coalition partner?

That might happen if they WANTED to abandon it... but I expect they don't want to?

West Auckland • Since Nov 2006 • 893 posts Report Reply

First ←Older Page 1 4 5 6 7 8 Newer→ Last

Post your response…

Please sign in using your Public Address credentials…

Login

You may also create an account or retrieve your password.